I'm well in to the second week of this liver cleanse and I'd say I'm doing pretty well! Actually.... VERY well! Considering last week I was suffering migraines, crabbiness and really low energy, I'm feeling great now!
I've been enjoying creating meals on the spot and watching the changing preferences of my palette. It's been fun to throw things together to see what they taste like!

1. (top left)
I've always been a fan of salads! Lots of dried fruit, nuts, yummy veggies and a bit of grilled chicken make for a very satisfying lunch!
2. (middle left)
Applesauce has been my 'go to' when I've had sugar cravings!!
3. (bottom left)
Banana/blueberry smoothie with almond milk!
4. (top right)
Mulberries! What a delicious treat! They are called Turkey's superfruit!!
5. (bottom right)
Indian Butter Chicken with rye berries.
I'm normally a bread-a-holic and a cereal addict! I have an active lifestyle and my habit has been to fuel my days with sugar and carbs. It's been a challenge to go with very little. I've succombed to thin, brown rice cakes in emergencies, which are actually pretty good!
I've been enjoying creating meals on the spot and watching the changing preferences of my palette. It's been fun to throw things together to see what they taste like!
1. (top left)
I've always been a fan of salads! Lots of dried fruit, nuts, yummy veggies and a bit of grilled chicken make for a very satisfying lunch!
2. (middle left)
Applesauce has been my 'go to' when I've had sugar cravings!!
3. (bottom left)
Banana/blueberry smoothie with almond milk!
4. (top right)
Mulberries! What a delicious treat! They are called Turkey's superfruit!!
5. (bottom right)
Indian Butter Chicken with rye berries.
I'm normally a bread-a-holic and a cereal addict! I have an active lifestyle and my habit has been to fuel my days with sugar and carbs. It's been a challenge to go with very little. I've succombed to thin, brown rice cakes in emergencies, which are actually pretty good!
Pictured here, tiny tuna sandwiches with whole grain pumpernickel loaf and exotic greens!!
Tonight was this amazing masterpiece, served over a new-to-me grain... Millet!! Followed by my Ol' Faithful sugar craving hero, unsweetened applesauce!!
I've been keeping up with my daily supplements, drinking lots of water and every morning, before eating any food, I sip a hot lemon water.
**HONESTY ALERT** I must come forward and admit that I cheated a few days ago. I was out for a friend's birthday and there were 2 homemade and super scrumptious-looking cakes. It didn't seem right to avoid such beauty!! I did my very best to keep my taste-testing to a minimal, and I ate around the icing. It could have been much, much worse of a cheat, I tell you! Those cakes were outstanding!
I feel great and I think that I can continue with this cleanse for the entire month, however there is one small problem. EASTER! I can't promise that I will not partake in some chocolate bunny action.... just sayin'.
No comments:
Post a Comment